Case Study - Davivienda Honduras
Davivienda is a Colombian bank that is part of the Empresarial Bolivar Group, which has helped people, families, and companies meet their objectives for more than 75 years.
Recognized for their unique management style which is achieved through effective communication, they are one of the five most valuable brands in Colombia and the first bank to receive public recognition in the country.
They have a diverse portfolio of products and services designed to meets the needs of people and companies in the agricultural, mining, and energy sectors, providing innovative solutions and exclusive initiatives for each segment.
Davivienda has more than 17,000 employees, serving more than 10 million customers in 725 offices, and has around 2,600 ATMs across the region. In addition to its headquarters in Colombia, Davivienda has offices in Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras, El Salvador, and Miami in the United States.
Davivienda Honduras needed to change the way their banking services had been operating for years, to reduce the long lines in which customers needed to wait. This was causing frustration for their customers – in contrast to Davivienda’s goal of serving customers with excellent communication. They decided it was time to improve their services – but realized that the culture, behavior and operations wouldn’t change overnight.
Ginna Miller, Marketing Manager says, “At Davivienda, we are always innovating, trying to provide different experiences for the benefit of our customers”. The bank needed a planned approach, over a period of time, and an innovative solution that would allow customers to own their time by doing their banking more quickly.
First, Davivienda formed a multidisciplinary team with the goal of eliminating queues and wait times at their branches. This team analyzed the behavior of their customers and the queues, and looked at the areas where they could take action in various ways. They focused on
- Optimizing processes to improve the customer experience.
- Putting systems in place to provide information in real time and improve operational efficiency at the same time.
- Personnel management and perception. This had to be carefully managed to take into account the fact that this macro project would involve processes, personnel, and directly impact customers, in addition to reducing wait times.
Q-nomy partner and reseller in the region, ACF Technologies, proposed installing Q-Flow, Q‑nomy's web-based system that generates information in real time to direct, organize, and optimize performance at various different services across the branch in order to improve their customer experience.
During the first months after implementation, the behavior of the branches was analyzed, which revealed that not all branches behave the same way.
After six months, with the help of the information obtained from the Q-Flow reports, Davivienda defined rules to measure and monitor unusual wait times, using the Q-Flow alert module which could be monitored through the control dashboard.
The Q-Flow setup at the branch includes a kiosk in which customers can self-manage any questions and queries, improving the wait times. Customers are also able to book an appointment online, or enter their requirements at an in-branch service kiosk, then leave the branch to perform other activities and receive an SMS when it is their turn to be served.
"With this alternative, we not only value the time of our clients, but we also broke down old systems and we are changing the culture of our people, who, for years have maintained the paradigm that to be served, they had to wait in long lines." — Henry Barahona, Strategy and Process Manager at Davivienda
Results and Benefits
- Using the Q-Flow solution, 80% of Davivienda customers experience less than a 10 minutes wait time with a traditional ticket.
- 100% of the customers that use Virtual Check-In reduced the wait time to zero.
- Davivienda gained significant improvements in customer satisfaction and loyalty. The complaints book has become a congratulations book.
- Two innovative solutions developed on the Q-Flow platform for Davivienda, Daviturno Kiosco (Ticket SMS) and Daviturno Web (Virtual Check-In), helped the bank save time for both customers and employees.
- Behind the scenes, the real-time reports and alerts facilitate the decision-making process, resulting in immediate actions being taken to improve service levels.
- An overall reduction in the percentage of no-shows, combined with new operational efficiencies and a general increase in customer satisfaction levels, is directly returning the investment made for the solution.