Case Study - Jersey Telecom
Jersey Telecom (JT) operates in the Channel Islands and five other global locations. JT has over 130 years' experience in telecommunications and are dedicated to delivering world-class services. A full-service global consumer and business enterprise provider, with services covering domestic fixed line through to leading-edge data hosting for the e-gaming industry.
In 2013, JT contacted Q-nomy with a request to implement an advanced customer flow management solution in their flagship store.
Albeit a relatively small operation, JT competes against the largest global telecoms, and therefore wished to have its flagship store visitors enjoy a high-end, unique experience. In line with JT brand values, they wanted a solution that puts the customer in the center, meaning:
- No waiting in line or at counters; customers will be able to keep shopping and browsing merchandize until an agent.
- Making the interaction between customers and agents more natural.
- Streamlining operations in order to reduce waiting time.
Q-nomy rose to the challenge and provided a total solution that met and exceeded the client's expectations.
Q-nomy implemented a solution based on the company's flagship software platform Q-Flow, which provided:
- A friendly self-service kiosk for check-in.
- A simplified, mobile phone-based interface for agents, enabling quick and easy interaction with waiting customers.
- Screens located around the store, featuring a uniquely innovative display supporting the customer experience.
The customer experience begins with the kiosk, where customers indicate their topic of interest, and provide their name.
The solution allows JT store visitors to keep shopping and meet at designated store locations, instead of being called to the agent counters. Meeting locations are selected to match the visitor's interest, typically at or near the section of the store where a relevant product or information would be found. Agent can still meet customers at the counter, if they expect to need access to their desktop applications.
The displays around the store present each customer with the name and photo of the agent assigned to them. As meetings take place around the store, the photo helps customers spot the agent approaching them. This speeds up the introduction, and also creates a more personal experience, which customers love.
For agents, roaming the store was made easy by providing them access to Q-Flow operation from their mobile phones. The mobile web app provided by Q-nomy allows the agent to retrieve the next meeting details – presenting the customer information and meeting location – and activates the display system.
Results and Benefits
Q-nomy's solution was highly successful, and attained its goals:
- A free-flowing customer service process, which supports – rather than disrupts – the shopping experience.
- Agent-customer interaction taking place in a natural and personalized manner
- A streamlined operation, where customer waiting time (both actual and perceived) is shortened and made more pleasant.